X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bind with the Radio button?

I have a class wich has a boolean field. I want to bind it with a radio button. I writ the code in my jsp file like this:
    Code:
    <spring&#58;bind path="SomeOne.gender">
           Male<input type="radio" name="gender" value="Male" > 
           Female<input type="radio" name="gender" value="Female"> 
    </spring&#58;bind>
    But it dosn't work, nothing will be shown. If I remove the spring:bind from the code, the radio button can be shown. I think I made a mistake in the code, who can tell me how to correct it? Thanks

Could you post the HTML that's being generated. My guess is the spring:bind tags are still in there (in other words: the tag library wasn't declared in your jsp file).

rgds,
    alef

Comment

Thanks.
      The html is simple:
      Code:
      <html>
          <body>
          </body>
      </html>
      There's nothing else.
      In fact, I have two problems in my app.
      My app is a little bit complicated, let me use a simple example to describe the problems.
      eg: I have a list of customers, each customer has a field of gender.
      I want to generate a form automatically. The form can list all(or part) the customers with its gender field. And I want to edit each customer's gender with two radio button Male or Female. I use SimpleFormController to return the ModelAndView object.
      Here is my problems:
      1. What kind of variable should I use when I use return new ModelAndView. Return the ModelAndView( "viewName", "variableName", CustomerList ) or ModelAndView( "viewName", CustomerMap ). The CustomerMap is a map, the customer's id or name is the key, and the customer object is the value.
      2. How to bind the radio buttons with each Customer object's gender field?

I can use ModelAndView( "viewName", "variableName", CustomerList ) to create a table(not a form), but without the <spring:bind> tag. I just use <c:forEach> to list all the customers in the CustomerList. But by now, I don't know how to bind each Cusomer with the form field.

I don't know if I have described my questions clear. :P

regards

Comment

I find that the map returned throw ModelAndView can not be passed to the jsp file. So the page is just leave blank. Still looking for the reason.

Comment

Not sure if this will help, but... If you have a boolean property, and you want to bound value to be matched, the values of the radio buttons should not be 'Male' and 'Female' but 'true' and 'false'...

Comment

Yes, you are right. Thanks.
            Not sure if this will help, but... If you have a boolean property, and you want to bound value to be matched, the values of the radio buttons should not be 'Male' and 'Female' but 'true' and 'false'...

Comment

Working...
            X