X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jasper Reports 1.0.1 will break AbstractJasperReportsView

I'm putting this out as a warning to folks who might run in the same problem I did.

The Jasper Reports folks changed the visibility of the JRDefaultCompiler default constructor; and substituted a getInstance() method for it. However, AbstractJasperReportsView uses that constructor for its own JRCompiler property.

As I upgraded my jasper jar to 1.0.1, the initialization of my Jasper Reports views failed since the constructor was no longer visible.

I reported this issue in JIRA, but Juergen finds fault with the JR camp, since they're the ones breaking compatibility in a simple point release. The fix will be applied in 1.3, since 1.2.x support JR 0.6.x anyway.

Jasper 1.0.0 works fine with 1.2.3 & 1.2.4, so eager upgraders can use that one.

For you folks using iReport and JasperAssistant, also be aware the new versions (0.5.1 and 2.0.0 respectively) support 1.0.1 out of the box: any *.jasper files you compile with these applications will get serialVersionUID errors when used by your views.

The workaround for that situation will be to never compile your designs, and let the views do so. Another for iReport users is to use the compatibility option (under the Tools menu) and set the version of JR to whatever jar you're using.

Good luck out there.

The code in CVS now uses the JRDefaultCompiler.getInstance() method so it will work with JasperReports 1.0.1. Be aware that this code will no longer work with JasperReports < 1.0.1.

Rob

Comment

Working...
    X