X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @CookieValue pass in as parameter

I want to pass in some cookie value as parameter using @CookieValue, it works fine when the value exists in cookie. However, if the value doesn't exist in cookie, it will throw an java.lang.IllegalStateException: Missing cookie value, and the whole page crashed.

What I'm expecting is that it should pass in null so that I can handle it in controller logic. My workaround is by passing in request and loop through all cookie values to find the one I need. Is there any better ways to handle this situation?

One option is checking on the client side (javascript) if the cookie exists before making the request and creating it if it doesn't.

Comment

Sorry for bumping up this thread, but I do have a reason; giving an answer that wasn't given.

If you look at the javadocs of @Cookievalue you would see that you can make the value optional providing a "defaultValue".

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...x/javadoc-api/

example:
      Code:
          public void showIndex(HttpServletResponse response, HttpServletRequest request, Model model,
                  @CookieValue(value="klasid",defaultValue="") String klasId) {
      Then, you could easily use Stringutils to check for blank.

Code:
            if (StringUtils.isNotBlank(klasId)) {
      }
      That way you could prevent nasty javascript or looping through the collection in your request.

Comment

Thanks for posting that @froginvasion, this thread is popping high on the results when searching on this topic, very helpful that you posted.

Comment

Working...
        X