Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem mixing ViewResolver's

Hi,

I wan to have JSP and PDF output in my webapplication. I can get both seperate but not together, depending on my *-servlet.xml contents. With this I get my JSP views correctly:

Code:
    	<bean id="viewResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.ResourceBundleViewResolver">
        <property name="basename"><value>views</value></property>
        <property name="defaultParentView"><value>defaultViewResolver</value></property>
    	</bean>

<bean id="defaultViewResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver">
    		<property name="viewClass"><value>org.springframework.web.servlet.view.JstlView</value></property>
    		<property name="prefix"><value>/</value></property>
    		<property name="suffix"><value>.jsp</value></property>
    	</bean>
    but my pdf does not work. If I only have the ResourceBundleViewResolver, then my pdf works, but my jsp's not (since I don't define my jsp's in views.properties). I want to specify in my views.properties everything for pdf's and for jsp's I want the "defaultViewResolver" to work.

Any help is much appriciated!

Re: Problem mixing ViewResolver's

Originally posted by fester
    Code:
    <property name="defaultParentView"><value>defaultViewResolver</value></property>
    the defaultParentView refers to a view, NOT a viewResolver. This is probably your problem. Try removing it and see what happens.

If that fails, can you post relevant parts of the stack trace?

Regards,

Comment

this is my views.properties
      Code:
      defaultViewResolver.class=org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver
      defaultViewResolver.viewClass=org.springframework.web.servlet.view.JstlView
      defaultViewResolver.prefix=/
      defaultViewResolver.suffix=.jsp

displayTypeListPdf.class=org.appfuse.pdf.DisplayTypeListPdf
      I get following stacktrace when trying to access 'displayTypes.html'

Code:
      javax.servlet.ServletException&#58; Could not resolve view with name 'displayTypeList' in servlet with name 'action'
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render&#40;DispatcherServlet.java&#58;618&#41;
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService&#40;DispatcherServlet.java&#58;523&#41;
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.serviceWrapper&#40;FrameworkServlet.java&#58;342&#41;
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet&#40;FrameworkServlet.java&#58;318&#41;
      displayTypes.html is mapped to the controller displayTypeController, which returns a ModelAndView( "displayTypeList" ....)

This should normally then map onto /displayTypeList.jsp

hopefully you can make sense out of this. Thank you for taking the time!

Comment

Working...
      X