Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integratin Tiles and Spring - page not rendering

Hello,

I am trying to integrate Tiles with Spring. I have created a simple baselayout that is used by tiles and that the other views will extend. I believe that I added the correct information to the supporting xml configuration files.

I have added the "viewResolver" as follows:

<bean id="viewResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.Intern alResourceViewResolver">
    <property name="requestContextAttribute"><value>requestConte xt</value></property>
    <property name="viewClass"><value>org.springframework.web.se rvlet.view.tiles.TilesJstlView</value></property>
    </bean>

I looking at the log file, it appears as though tiles is bein initialized correctly. However when every I hit the site, I get redirected to the appropriate "baselayout", but none of the <tiles:> tags are processed, they just show up in the rendered html. Any ideas what I am missing?

I am sure I must be missing something fairly obvious, but I do not see it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
    Todd

Hi Todd,
    here can you see my working configuraton for tiles in spring, may you find the missing point in your config:

webapp-servlet.xml:

Code:
    <!-- Tiles -->
        <bean id="tilesConfigurer" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles.TilesConfigurer">
            <property name="factoryClass">
                <value>org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet</value>
            </property>
            <property name="definitions">
                <list>
                    <value>/WEB-INF/tiles-config.xml</value>
                </list>
            </property>
        </bean>
        <bean id="viewResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver">
            <property name="viewClass">
                <value>org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles.TilesJstlView</value>
            </property>
        </bean>

web.xml:

Code:

<taglib>
            <taglib-uri>tiles</taglib-uri>
            <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld</taglib-location>
        </taglib>
    In your jsp you have to include the tag lib:

Code:
    <%@ taglib prefix="tiles" uri="http&#58;//jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-tiles" %>
    Hope that helps...
    markus

Comment

Integrating Tiles and Spring - page not rendering (fixed)

Markus,

Thanks for the input, I found the error, a silly one at that. I have a .jsp that is included in my pages that define all the taglibs to be used, and I neglected to add the reference to the tiles tag lib.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
      Todd

Comment

Working...
      X