Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to specify dynamic url for JasperReports views?

Is it true that it is NOT possible to specify the url property of JasperReportsPdfView dynamically? My use cases require me to specify the JasperReports template (jrxml file) based on request parameters at runtime. Therefore, I cannot provide the url property in the context XML file. But without the url property, Spring will throw an exception saying the location is required since Spring loads and compiles the report in initApplicationContext().

I tried to create a JasperReportsPdfView manually in my controller. But that doesn't work either because there is no way to ask the view to load or compile the report.

Besides creating my own JasperReports views, what other options do I have? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Currently this is not possible. I would like to add a feature like this to Spring so please create a new feature request for this on JIRA.

Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob. I just created a feature request.

Comment

Hai
        I was trying to do this.Create a jrml file dynamically to trying to compile that file and show the report.I got an error like null pointer in header.But by reading this i founde that that is not possible.

Spring Teams pls make it possible.

Thanks for the post.
        Aniesh U.K

Comment

Working...
        X