Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @RequestParam failing to work (sometimes)

Hi all,

Code:
    @RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.GET)
    	public String setupForm(@RequestParam(required=false, value="id") Long id, ModelMap model) {
    		TicketDefinition ticketDef = formBackingObject(id);
    		model.addAttribute("ticketDef", ticketDef);
    		return "/admin/ticketDefinitionEdit";
    	}
    (Spring 3.0)

The code above was fine when I was developing locally on my windows machine running resin 3.1.8 server. However after deploying the project as a war file on a unix/linux machine running resin 3.1.9 the same code causes the following exception and stack trace:

Code:
    org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
    failed; nested exception is org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvocationException:
    Failed to invoke handler method [public java.lang.String ss.web.ref.TicketDefinitionEditController.setupForm(java.lang.Long,org.springframework.ui.ModelMap)];
    nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: No parameter name
    specified for argument of type [java.lang.Long], and no parameter name
    information found in class file either.
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:659)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:552)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:114)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:91)
    	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:103)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:198)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:87)
    	at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)
    	at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:109)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    	at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:265)
    	at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:273)
    	at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:682)
    	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:743)
    	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.run(ThreadPool.java:662)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvocationException:
    Failed to invoke handler method [public java.lang.String ss.web.ref.TicketDefinitionEditController.setupForm(java.lang.Long,org.springframework.ui.ModelMap)];
    nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: No parameter name
    specified for argument of type [java.lang.Long], and no parameter name
    information found in class file either.
    	at org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:171)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:414)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:402)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:771)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:716)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:647)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:552)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:114)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:91)
    	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:103)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:198)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:87)
    	at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)
    	at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:109)
    	at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
    	at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.SessionFixationProtectionFilter.doFilterHttp(SessionFixationProtectionFilter.java:67)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:101)
    	at org.springframework.security.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilterHttp(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:91)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:277)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:277)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilterHttp(LogoutFilter.java:89)
    	at org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)
    	at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:237)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
    	at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:187)
    	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:265)
    	at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:273)
    	at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:682)
    	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:743)
    	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.run(ThreadPool.java:662)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No parameter name specified
    for argument of type [java.lang.Long], and no parameter name information
    found in class file either.
    I have googled and googled and the closest similar issue I can find is to do with the same exception being caused if you do not specify value="xxx" in the @RequestParam annotation. However, as you can see, I have specified this information and still get the same problem. I have not been able to find any help online...

Also, this problem affects just a few other similar controllers but none of the other controllers in the project which also use @RequestParam.

Any ideas??

Thanks

It seems when java files are compiled on my windows machine there is no problem but when thw java files are compiled on the unix/linux machine I get the problem I have described. Both machines are running the same version of java (1.6.0_18) and compiling to 1.6 compliance. The windows machine is 32-bit whereas the unix/linux machine is 64-bit.

If I copy the .class file compiled on the windows machine to the unix/linux machine it works. If I copy the .class file compiled on the unix/linux machine to the windows machine it does not work.

What I don't get is that this problem is only affecting a small subset of my spring controllers (all within the same package). Controllers in other packages that have been set up the same way have no problems...

Any ideas

Thanks

Comment

Hopefully you already figured this out, but I was having the same problem. Your build scripts are probably not using debug mode to retain variable names. See these links for more info.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ue-in-spring-3

http://www.objectpartners.com/2010/0...-head-slapper/

Comment

Working...
      X