Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
<form:input path="property[10]"/> cause org.springframework.beans.NotReadableProperty Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <form:input path="property[10]"/> cause org.springframework.beans.NotReadableProperty

Ciao Guys,

I have a problem using the <form:input tag.

following i show a piece of my class which it will be populate after the submitting of the form.

Code:
    public class ArrayOfProperty{
    private String[] test = {"1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1"};

public String getpropertydatalabel(int id){
    	return this.test[id];
    }

public void setpropertydatalabel(int id,String value){
    	this.test[id] = value;
    }
    }

but when i use <form:input path="propertydatalabel[1]" size="1" maxlength="200" lang="en" dir="ltr" /> this tag i encounter this exception

org.springframework.beans.NotReadablePropertyExcep tion: Invalid property 'propertydatalabel[1]' of bean class [com.generalstudios.ArrayOfProperty]: Bean property 'propertydatalabel[1]' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
    org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPrope rtyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:540)
    org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPrope rtyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:532)

So in the end i want to reproduce the same behavior of the <html: tag of struts
    Last edited by joksy; Mar 30th, 2010, 09:07 AM.

Your getter/setter doesn't adhere to the javabeans spec. It should return the [] not an element. get[array](idx) or set(idx, value) isn't supported in spring nor is it needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      Your getter/setter doesn't adhere to the javabeans spec. It should return the [] not an element. get[array](idx) or set(idx, value) isn't supported in spring nor is it needed.
      Thanks for reply. Can you explain why is not it needed?? Ok in this particular example for sure not but in a different context could be useful.

anyway thanks again.

Comment

Spring MVC isn't struts it works differently, it used PropertyEditors for conversion of objects and you don't need to add the getters/setters which provide the functionality to retrieve the object/set the object at the desired location.

Comment

Plus, i know for sure that struts support this kind of task since probably the first version, so I think that spring must have something similar

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
            Spring MVC isn't struts it works differently, it used PropertyEditors for conversion of objects and you don't need to add the getters/setters which provide the functionality to retrieve the object/set the object at the desired location.
            Ok. you have right that are different, but this not implies that this kind of features is not needed.

Anyway is not a big big big problem.

Thanks have a nice day

Comment

Plus, i know for sure that struts support this kind of task since probably the first version, so I think that spring must have something similar
              No it doesn't as it works differently...

Comment

Indexed properties

Hi,
                at 5.4.1 point of reference doc http://static.springsource.org/sprin...alidation.html however is explained how to access indexed values. The bean should expose on a single method a Map, an Array or a List.

BTW I don't know if then it works as setter of a property via form tags.

Kind regards,
                LP

Comment

This will work:
                  Code:
                  public class ArrayOfProperty{
                  	private String[] test = {"1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1","1"};

public String getPropertyDataLabels () {
                  		return this.test;
                  	}
                  }
                  Code:
                  <form:input path="propertyDataLabels[1]" size="1" maxlength="200" lang="en" dir="ltr" />
                  But then you have to upgrade to latest Spring 3.0.2, since Spring 3.0.1 (SPR-6871) strips out the square brackets so it won't work.

Comment

Working...
                  X