X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load JSTL views from outside the web-app

Hi, I have a case where I need to store my views in a central repository (perhaps on another box from the servlet container). The view type is JSP or more specific JSTL.

When using JSTL views in other projects I have used the InternalResourceViewResolver with the view class JSTLView.

Is it possible to setup Spring to fetch the view from an external source out of the box?

Or do I need to create something like a "MyJSTLView" extending from a "ExternalResourceView" and using an "ExternalResourceViewResolver".

Cheers
    Mattias

I'm going to need something similar in the near future, and am planning to use a virtual-directory-mapping in the server xml (I'm using WLS) to map a virtual doc root to a shared drive. It works fine for page resources, so I'm hoping it'll work for the pages themselves. I'm using ResourceBundleViewResolver, so I should need to just add a folder to my view.url (i.e. instead of /index.jsp it'll be /pages/index.jsp).

If someone knows I'm about to step in something here, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

HTH

Comment

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Some of my views are user made in the application, and I don't want them to disappear when I redeploy the app in itself. The best suggestion I have got so far was from Matt Raible (Spring Live author) that said I should deploy those views as a separate web app and use core:import. Haven't tried this yet, and it does seem somewhat like a hack, so if you come up with something better, I'd like to know about it.

- Karianne

Comment

Working...
      X