Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How weird: the request.getRemoteAddr returing 127.0.0.1?

I use the getRemoteAddr method of HttpServletRequest to keep track of a user's location. After getting my Spring framework application up load to my remote deployment site, I notice that the only value it returning is the localhost one. First, I thought that I might not use it right: I should not use it inside of the formBackingObject method of a FormController. I, however, find the same situation in a handler method of a MultiactionController. How weird it is.

I had use the method before with another framework. It works nice.

Anywhere in the Spring framework configuration a remote IP address is masked to the localhost?

Thanks for your inputs.

v.

I can't think of any part of Spring that would touch the remote IP address. Are you running any web server connector in front of your tomcat?

Comment

Originally posted by manifoldronin
      I can't think of any part of Spring that would touch the remote IP address. Are you running any web server connector in front of your tomcat?
      I get back from the site host. Apache server is in front of the TC 5.5. I don't whether it is a way to go around this setting.

Thanks Mr. Jing. I replied your post yesterday. For some reason, it doesn't show up.

Comment

Working...
      X