X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• validation annotations

So I just upgraded to RC2 and am testing with the new validations. I am trying to do a confirmation password validation and am having trouble finding the appropriate annotation. I need to be able to annotate the field as something like:
    @EqualTo(field="originalPassword",message="Confirm password does not match validation password.")

I found the EqualToField annotation here ( http://jee-bpel-soa.blogspot.com/200...framework.html ) but spring does not appear to support it or it is in a different jar besides the validation jar. Can anyone point me to an example of this????

What is the right annotation???

no word on this?

Anyone know how to reference another field's value in the validation annotation?

Comment

Hi,

if you want to validate more fields, use bean level validation constraint - this way you get access to bean object and can for example compare two fields.

This is code I use for password validation, works well, may help:

1) On bean level define bean validation constraint
      Code:
      @RepeatedPassword
      public class User { ... }
      2) Create you custom constraint
      Code:
      @Documented
      @Target({ElementType.TYPE})
      @Retention( RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME )
      @Constraint(validatedBy=RepeatedPasswordValidator.class)
      public @interface RepeatedPassword {
      	String message() default "cz.alvap.validation.RepeatedPassword.message;
              Class<?>[] groups() default {};
              Class<? extends Payload>[] payload() default {};
      }
      3) Defined the validator
      Code:
      public class RepeatedPasswordValidator implements ConstraintValidator<RepeatedPassword,User> {

@Override
          public boolean isValid(User user, ConstraintValidatorContext context) {

if (user.getNonCodedPassword() == null || user.getPasswordRepeated() == null) return true;
              if (user.getNonCodedPassword().equals(user.getPasswordRepeated()))
                  return true;

return false;

}

@Override
          public void initialize(RepeatedPassword constraintAnnotation) {

}
      }
      This is the standard way how to define custom constraints - it is all well described in Hibernate Validator 4.0 reference.

Best regards, Pavla

Comment

Thanks very much Pavla, that was helpful. But I think you're missing a closing quote in this line:
        Code:
         String message() default &quot;cz.alvap.validation.RepeatedPassword.message;

Comment

Working...
        X