X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple forms (in includes)

I see many discussions about putting multiple forms in one page, and although they all have some workaround, none seems to provide a clean solution. So, I'd like to rephrase the question with details of what I'd expect from a clean solution:

1) Each form would have its own ID in JSP, its own controller and its own command object.
    2) Because of (1) you should be able to easily include a form in a Sitemesh template or through a JSP include. No other code needed other than maybe some configuration.
    3) You should be able to put as many forms as you wish in a page.
    4) You should be able to keep defining the form controllers as SimpleFormController or other form controllers derived from AbstractFormController.

My key questions are:

a) Can this be done in Spring 2.5.6? Is there an 'official' approach? If yes, how? I am guessing the answer lies in how the 'Search' functionality of this forum was written.

b) If the answer to a) is No, given that so many people have trouble with this functionality... is it being built into Spring 3.0?

c) If the answer to a) is No, has anybody written a custom solution to this problem? If so, would you mind sharing your code?

Thanks

I have been searching for the same thing. The link below has a multiform example if you download the smfc.zip, I tried it out and it does work but I haven't played around with it yet

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPR-5534

Comment

Working...
    X