Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How a hypersonic db is created in Spring Life tutorial?

Hi,

I have download "Spring Live" sample example in order to learn Spring framework.
    I did not understand and "ant deploy", how a hypersonic data base could be created. But it is the case.

I checked target "deploy" and "compile", nowhere could I see the creation of database.

Any explaination?

Thanks!

PY

<target name="deploy" depends="compile" description="Deploy application">
    <copy todir="${tomcat.home}/webapps/${webapp.name}" preservelastmodified="true">
    <fileset dir="${web.dir}">
    <include name="**/*.*" />
    <exclude name="**/junit.jar" />
    <exclude name="**/*mock.jar" />
    <exclude name="**/strutstestcase*.jar" />
    </fileset>
    </copy>
    <copy todir="${tomcat.home}/webapps/${webapp.name}/WEB-INF/classes" preservelastmodified="true">
    <fileset dir="${build.dir}/classes" />
    </copy>
    </target>

<target name="compile" description="Compile main source tree java files">
    <mkdir dir="${build.dir}/classes" />
    <javac destdir="${build.dir}/classes" target="1.5" debug="true" deprecation="false" optimize="false" failonerror="true">
    <src path="${src.dir}" />
    <classpath refid="classpath" />
    </javac>

<mkdir dir="${test.dir}/classes" />
    <javac destdir="${test.dir}/classes" target="1.5" debug="true" deprecation="false" optimize="false" failonerror="true">
    <src path="${test.src}" />
    <classpath>
    <path refid="classpath" />
    <path location="${build.dir}/classes" />
    </classpath>
    </javac>

<copy todir="${build.dir}/classes">
    <fileset dir="${src.dir}" includes="**/*.hbm.xml" />
    </copy>
    </target>

hsql can be configured to run as an inmemory database. Extremely useful for testing

Comment

Originally posted by yatesco
      hsql can be configured to run as an inmemory database. Extremely useful for testing
      Indeed. But I could not find where it is configured.

Comment

Checkout the hsqldb docs http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/doc/gu...04.html#N108C6. It is configured in the jdbc url.

The url would be specified where the datasource is configured, I presume in one of the spring context files.

I have been known to be completely dense and miss the whole point of the question If I have done, please say, and re-iterate using really small words for me

Comment

Originally posted by yatesco
          Checkout the hsqldb docs http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/doc/gu...04.html#N108C6. It is configured in the jdbc url.

The url would be specified where the datasource is configured, I presume in one of the spring context files.

I have been known to be completely dense and miss the whole point of the question If I have done, please say, and re-iterate using really small words for me

Comment

confs: can you repost please

Comment

Re: How a hypersonic db is created in Spring Life tutorial?

Originally posted by confs
              Hi,

I have download "Spring Live" sample example in order to learn Spring framework.
              I did not understand and "ant deploy", how a hypersonic data base could be created. But it is the case.

I checked target "deploy" and "compile", nowhere could I see the creation of database.

Any explaination?

Thanks!

PY

<target name="deploy" depends="compile" description="Deploy application">
              <copy todir="${tomcat.home}/webapps/${webapp.name}" preservelastmodified="true">
              <fileset dir="${web.dir}">
              <include name="**/*.*" />
              <exclude name="**/junit.jar" />
              <exclude name="**/*mock.jar" />
              <exclude name="**/strutstestcase*.jar" />
              </fileset>
              </copy>
              <copy todir="${tomcat.home}/webapps/${webapp.name}/WEB-INF/classes" preservelastmodified="true">
              <fileset dir="${build.dir}/classes" />
              </copy>
              </target>

<target name="compile" description="Compile main source tree java files">
              <mkdir dir="${build.dir}/classes" />
              <javac destdir="${build.dir}/classes" target="1.5" debug="true" deprecation="false" optimize="false" failonerror="true">
              <src path="${src.dir}" />
              <classpath refid="classpath" />
              </javac>

<mkdir dir="${test.dir}/classes" />
              <javac destdir="${test.dir}/classes" target="1.5" debug="true" deprecation="false" optimize="false" failonerror="true">
              <src path="${test.src}" />
              <classpath>
              <path refid="classpath" />
              <path location="${build.dir}/classes" />
              </classpath>
              </javac>

<copy todir="${build.dir}/classes">
              <fileset dir="${src.dir}" includes="**/*.hbm.xml" />
              </copy>
              </target>

Let me described my "problem" again(it is not really a problem but a miracle that I could not understand").

I deleted the hypersonic database files in "my tomcat home folder"/bin/db. Then I run again "ant deploy", it appeared again.

But no where in build.xml traget "deploy" I could see the database definition scripts. How could it be created?

Thanks again for any new explaination.

Confs

Comment

OK, without actually looking I am flying by the seat of my pants

I expect somewhere in the spring configuration there will be a persistence.xml. In here there will be a datasource configured which will contain a "url" setting. This url setting will probably be something like "jdbc:hsql:." (cannot remember exactly what) which basically tells hypersoniq to create a *new* database everytime an instance of the datasource is created. (Actually, if there are files, the url is most like "jdbc:hsq:mydb.file").

Hibernate can be configured to create the database during loading (hbm.export or something?), or the unit tests might be writing tear up/down methods which create the database.

Do a search for "jdbc" in the xml files and read the unit test sources and I am sure that will shine a light

Comment

BTW; If I am right it will only create the database during unit testing, so deploy probably depends on a unit test ant target.

Alternatively I might be barking *completely* up the wrong tree and the same actually uses a template database which it simply copies

Comment

Working...
                  X