X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book on Spring MVC Web 2.5

I am new to Spring MVC Web. I have followed the instroduction on this site and succesfully created a simple site. I have several years of developing for the web using Java and JSP with JSTL.

I need a book to explain more about different controllers and when to use them (best practises) and more indepth how to use the framework.

Spring in Practice is very good, and covers annotation-based Spring MVC (which came in Spring 2.5).

Comment

Originally posted by jamestastic View Post
      Spring in Practice is very good, and covers annotation-based Spring MVC (which came in Spring 2.5).
      Is it a good step-by-step book or is it a reference book?

I need a good tutorial teaching from start to end.

Comment

It is more of a step-by-step book than a reference. Each of these chapters leads into the next, making it a good tutorial-style book.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Have you read any of these books?

Expert Spring MVC and Web Flow
          http://www.amazon.com/dp/159059584X/?tag=sollc-intl-20

Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
          http://www.amazon.com/Spring-Recipes...ref=pd_sim_b_3

Comment

I have read Spring Recipes, and like it very much. It is more of a reference book than a step-by-step tutorial, so it might not suit your immediate needs.

I have not read Expert Spring MVC and Web Flow, but I will look into it.

Comment

Hi Guys

Expert Spring MVC and Web Flow is out of date, does not support for annotations for example

I suggest strongly buy Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach,
              the book teach like the best practices, not complicating the things, even if not step by step is clearly understandable

Regards

Comment

Working...
              X