• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• totoliso
    started a topic reload a bean periodically

reload a bean periodically

Hi everybody,

I have a bean service that works as a static list,basically this service makes some query to db at initialization time.

As this list changed every 12 hours, i'm was wondering if it could be possible to configure some spring listener or timer so this bean is reloaded

Here is my bean conf., the reload method makes a query to db at initialization time

Code:
    <bean id="staticListService" class="com.service.StaticListService" init-method="reload"/>
    Thanks

• dkarr
    replied
    As Martin says, using MethodInvokingTimerTaskFactoryBean allows you to avoid creating an intermediate class to call your method. You should probably just read the "Using JDK Timer support" section of the Spring doc. That shows you how to set up the schedule for invoking the method.

Leave a comment:

• Marten Deinum
    replied
    I would suggest that you create a timer task (using either JDK timers or Quartz) that when run will get your bean from the context (you could make it context aware) and call the method that does the db query.
    Why? There is a MethodInvokingTimerTaskFactoryBean which you can simply configure to invoke a certain method on a certain bean. You don't have to create anything, you can basically just configure everything without writing a single line of code just xml.

Leave a comment:

• totoliso
    replied
    yeah, thanks, i'll take a look at it

Leave a comment:

• dkarr
    replied
    Look in the Spring doc for information about Timer support.

I would suggest that you create a timer task (using either JDK timers or Quartz) that when run will get your bean from the context (you could make it context aware) and call the method that does the db query.

Is that what you're looking for?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X