Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Freemarker - how to get access to loggined in user (remote user or user principal)? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freemarker - how to get access to loggined in user (remote user or user principal)?

Hi all,

I'm new to Freemarker on Spring. Am currently using Spring 2.5.6 and Freemarker 2.3.15.

I'm trying to control the visibility of UI elements on a view based on whether the user is logged in and what roles they might have. I can't seem to get access to the HttpServletRequest (more specifically HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser() or HttpServletRequest.getUserPrincipal()) in the ftl template.

I know the FreeMarkerView exposes the RequestContext object by default as ${springMacroRequestContext}, but this class doesn't expose the two methods above, though it has other useful methods exposed (like getContextPath and getRequestUri).

Also, I'm aware of ${Request} which is a HttpRequestHashModel and ${RequestParameters} which is a HttpRequestParametersHashModel, but neither allow me to access the underlying HttpServletRequest instance.

Oh, and ${Request.request.remoteUser} doesn't work.

I was wondering what is the best way of doing this? Should I extend FreeMarkerView and implement something custom in exposeHelpers() or should I extend RequestContext and expose these methods?

Any help or pointers in the right direction is much appreciated.

thanks,
    dave
Working...
X