Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rest] How to unmarshall objects in controller?

Hello everyone,

In the ItemsController (with @Controller annotation) I have a method with the @RequestMapping(value="/items", method=RequestMethod.GET) annotation. It adds an attribute to a Model and returns a view name. This view is a org.springframework.web.servlet.view.xml.Marshalli ngView with the marshaller property set to a org.springframework.oxm.jaxb.Jaxb2Marshaller. This all works fine.

Now for the RequestMethod.POST part. In the same controller I have a method public String post(RestItem restItem) with the @RequestMapping(value="/items", method=RequestMethod.POST) annotation.

The restItem is sent by the client but not unmarshalled before calling the controller. It's properties are all null. This makes sense, I didn't configure an unmarshaller equivalent of org.springframework.oxm.jaxb.Jaxb2Marshaller anywhere.

Where do I configure this?? What property to set? Or do I need to unmarshall myself?

With kind regards,

Jurrie

Originally posted by leadpumper View Post

The restItem is sent by the client but not unmarshalled before calling the controller. It's properties are all null. This makes sense, I didn't configure an unmarshaller equivalent of org.springframework.oxm.jaxb.Jaxb2Marshaller anywhere.

Where do I configure this?? What property to set? Or do I need to unmarshall myself?
    Don't you just hate it when you get your answer just after posting to a forum?

The answer is to read the documentation: Spring Reference 15.3.2.5 Mapping the request body with the @RequestBody annotation

In short: configure a org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.Ann otationMethodHandlerAdapter and set its messageConverters property to contain a org.springframework.http.converter.xml.Marshalling HttpMessageConverter with your marshaller and unmarshaller. Then your @RequestBody annotation magically works

Comment

Working...
    X