Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimpleFormController - newbie question

Hi,

(just a newbie )
    I need FORM so I implemented SimpleFormController subclass. Now I need to check, if page has been called with param "id" - e.g.:
    Code:
    viewCustomerDetail?id=1
    And if "id" is not defined I need to redirect to e.g.
    Code:
    customersList.html
    (and if possibly add error message?)

Problem is, that onSubmit method is called only on submitting and I guess in Map referenceData(...) is not possible to determine model and overriding isFormSubmission(...) could cause some other issues.

Could anyone help me or refer me to some reading?

Thanks.

The easiest way to do this might be to map a HandlerInterceptor to your Controller and handle this logic in there. Alternatively, just override handleRequest() perform the check and then call super.handleRequest() when you want to proceed.

Rob

Comment

Could you please give me some example? I have absolutely no idea how and where to map HandlerInterceptor.

Unfortunetly I am not sure if SimpleFormController has method handleRequest Only I have found handleRequestInternal but it is finalised in AbstractFormController

Comment

Check out section 12.4.3 of the reference manual for information on HandlerInterceptor.

Actually, SimpleFormController does have handleRequest but it is declared final on AbstractController so a HandlerInterceptor is the best approach.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Working...
        X