X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Properties ResourceBundle Localization issue with French _fr

We are in the process of localizing our Spring MVC environment to support the French language, we've already localized to English and Spanish without issues.

The problem we are having with the French locale _fr, is we have a properties entry of:

buyer.payments.paymentSchedule.bankAcct=Compte Bancaire partir duquel faire le paiment

But, when that property is displayed it's displayed as :

Compte Bancaire ŕ partir duquel faire le paiment

The is displayed as an ŕ, and after some investigation I confirmed that the property is being loaded into memory within the ResourceBundle objects the incorrect way.

It looks as if Spring is taking the property and converting it to a ISO-8859-2 (Latin2) instead of ISO-8859-1 (Latin1), because the in Latin1 is ŕ in Latin2 and it seems as if all the other characters are okay.

I was using the ResourceBundleMessageSource to load the resource bundles, but after searching the forum/internet I switched to the ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource so I could set the defaultEncoding. We would like to default to UTF-8, but when I did that the value displayed was

Compte Bancaire u0155 partir duquel faire le paiment

The u0155 is the Unicode code for the . The same problem occurs when I set the defaultEncoding to ISO-8859-1.

I also added a org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFi lter in web.xml to support UTF-8, but it didn't seem to help this issue.

Has anybody seen this or have any recommendations?
Working...
X