Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customerization points with @MVC

Hi,

I am new to the forum. If this kind questions have been asked and answered, please point me to the relevant links.

I want to use the new annotation based controller model in 2.5. It does make my code much cleaner and easy to read. However, at same time, it also seems to take away many extension points available with inheritance based approach. One of the problems I am trying to solve is to plugin my custom binder so that I can do some basic validation agaist raw inputs before binding happens. With inheritance, I can override the createBinder() method to create a custom binder instance. How do I do that with annotation?

Also, it seems validation has to be explictly invoked from the controller, which seems a step back from the previous architecture.

Thanks
    Xiaohong

This is definitely not an annotation type provided by spring. But you should be able to create your own annotation and plugin?

Comment

Is there a documented way of this kind of customization?

Comment

I am sorry no. My assumption is based on the way spring implementing its annotation and my understanding of annotation. Just for brain storming.

Comment

Is there a documented way of this kind of customization?

Comment

Working...
          X