Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step by Step and Eclipse

Hi,
    Iam very new to the spring framework, im very interested on this, all the coments on the net are very good, im trying to complete the step by step tutorial using eclipse instead of the manual ant ,etc.
    Do you have any link or something, like starting guide with spring mvc and eclipse?
    Thanks

I got through the step by step just fine with myeclipse sans ant. What are you having issues with?

Comment

Integrating step by step with eclipse

I recently spent a couple of frustrating days getting the step by step to work with eclipse/tomcat/sysdeo.

Things that helped me:
      • Make sure your build path is set to put your compiled classes in the WEB-INF/classes directory
      • Had to upgrade eclipse, sysdeo plugin, and tomcat to latest versions
      • I renamed the war directory to be "Web Content" in my setup.
      • My tomcat settings: Context root=springapp. My "subdir to set as web app root" = Web Content. The dev loader was not activated. I made sure my context def was updated on the web server.

As a newbie, I'm not really qualified to say, but I think that the special eclipse version is more for the web flow stuff than normal MVC. A tutorial on the step by step for eclipse would have saved me a couple of years of my life.

-bill

Comment

Working...
      X