X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMX and MBeanServer

I am running an application inside a WebLogic cluster. WebLogic has its own MBeanServer. So, do I have to use that MBeanServer with Spring, or can I have Spring create an MBeanServer and use it to register my Spring managed MBeans. I would prefer to not use the WebLogic MBeanServer.

Thanks.

You can certainly try to use your own MBeanServer - simply putting a JMX implementation on your classpath and configuring an MBeanServerFactoryBean in Spring is enough for this. However, you may encounter some classloading problems if you do this if the MBeanServer deployed in WL clashes with your MBeanServer.

Give it a try.

Rob

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The Spring JMX documentation reads -

. . . "However, this approach is no use for standalone environment, or when running inside a container that does not provide an MBeanServer. To overcome this you can create an MBeanServer instance declaratively by adding an instance of org.springframework.jmx.support.MBeanServerFactory Bean to your configuration. You can also ensure that this MBeanServer is used by using MBeanServerFactoryBean to set the server property of the MBeanExporter. This is shown below:" . . .

My question is - can I create an MBeanServer declaratively as indicated above (by adding an instance of org.springframework.jmx.support.MBeanServerFactory Bean), within the WebLogic environment where there is already an MBeanServer present? I would like to avoid using the WebLogic MBeanServer for security reasons.

Thanks.
      TJ

Comment

TJ,

The only answer I can give in this case is: I'm not sure. I'd need to check it for myself. It would depend completely on how the WL classloader is structured as to whether it would work or not.

My advice is just to give it a try.

Rob

Comment

OK, I will try it out and see what happens.

Thanks,
          TJ

Comment

Working...
          X