X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatch request to OpenCMS

I want to have JSP template save in CMS like OpenCMS. Since openCMS is just another servlet, I think I can dispatch my request to openCMS after it is processed by my controller and added model data. How can I do this in springframework?

Is org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.ServletForward ingController what you are looking for?

Comment

I would have a look at how they integrate Struts and OpenCMS. Should be fairly similar.

http://www.opencms-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=684

Cheers,

Comment

Integration with OpenCms

Integration of Spring and OpenCms works. A short summary of how to do it assuming you know how to install and get each product to work separately.

1. Install OpenCms into your web-container
        2. Create a file structure for a new webapp X outside the web-container
        3. Copy the OpenCms web.xml from the web-container into X/WEB-INF
        4. Map the Spring stuff in the X/WEB-INF/web.xml but don't touch the OpenCms conf.
        5. Construct your Spring MVC webapp in X as you would normally but put your view jsp:s in opencms
        6. Use your favorite ViewResolver class but remember to map to the view jsp:s in OpenCms, e.g. /opencms/foo/test.jsp
        7. To deploy just copy all the content under X (recursively including subfolders) to the unpacked opencms folder in the web-container. The idea is to just replace web.xml and add Spring config, libs and application classes

I managed to test this using the "Developing a Spring Framework MVC application step-by-step"-guide (except the last persistance part, which I haven't tried) found on the Spring site. The software versions were Java 1.5, Tomcat 5.5.9, OpenCms 6.0.0 and Spring 1.2.1.

Good luck!

Comment

Hi I need to call OpenCMS page from my spring web application. Can you guys help me out from this. I am using Spring web flow, configured the OpenCMS 8.0 version in my system.

Need the configuration setup for calling OpenCMS (RestAPi)page from the Spring web application

Any inputs will be helpful...
          Last edited by Jagadeesh437; Dec 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X