Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to prevent querystring parameter binding to

the command object on POST requests?

Is overriding isFormSubmission what you want?

Comment

I don't think overriding isFormSubmission will help me. Because my POST request IS a form submission and I still want to bind the form values to my command but not the query string parameters. The functionality I am looking for is

if(request == GET)
      bind querystring parameters to my command
      if(request == POST)
      bind ONLY post parametes to my commnd

Comment

I guess katentim meant that isFormSubmission would be exactly where you could put the branch logic you just described.

Comment

Unless I am missing something. As far as I know overriding isFormSubmission is not going to work.

1) isFormSubmission does not take a (Object command) argument so I cannot do the binding myself in isFormSubmission as it was suggested.

2) Overriding it to return a false when I recieve a POST request will cause BOTH post and querystring parameters not to be binded to the command object. I do want the post parameters to be binded to the command object just NOT the querystring parameters.

Any other ideas out there?

Comment

Because my POST request IS a form submission
            I think I know what you mean.

AFAIK, this can't be done out of the box. Why not change the query string?

Comment

I was able to get around this problem by specifying an "action" attribute for my form that does not include the querystring parameters <form action="/path/file.html">. So now the request object resulting from the POST does not include the querystring parameters.

I had not included an action attribute before because I was using tiles. So the requestUrl defaulted to the current URL which included the querystring parameters.

Comment

Working...
              X