X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petclinic and JMX in 1.2.1

I am trying to evaluate the petclinic sample included in version 1.2.1. I use Jonas 4.3.3 (and tomcat) with JDK 1.4.2.07.
    I was unable to deploy the application because the next error occurs

Any help?

Code:
    javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: Exception occured in ModelMBeanOperationInfo setDescriptor
            at javax.management.modelmbean.ModelMBeanOperationInfo.setDescriptor(ModelMBeanOperationInfo.java:395)
            at org.springframework.jmx.export.assembler.AbstractReflectiveMBeanInfoAssembler.getOperationInfo(AbstractReflec
    tiveMBeanInfoAssembler.java:285)
            at org.springframework.jmx.export.assembler.AbstractMBeanInfoAssembler.getMBeanInfo(AbstractMBeanInfoAssembler.j
    ava:67)
            at org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter.getMBeanInfo(MBeanExporter.java:468)
            at org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter.registerSimpleBean(MBeanExporter.java:420)
            at org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter.registerBeanInstance(MBeanExporter.java:371)
            at org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter.registerBeanNameOrInstance(MBeanExporter.java:345)
            at org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter.registerBeans(MBeanExporter.java:274)
            at org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter.afterPropertiesSet(MBeanExporter.java:217)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowi
    reCapableBeanFactory.java:962)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapab
    leBeanFactory.java:354)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:223)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListable
    BeanFactory.java:277)
            at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:312)
            at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableW
    ebApplicationContext.java:134)
            at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:230)
            at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:156)
            at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderServlet.init(ContextLoaderServlet.java:81)
            at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
            at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:243)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:500)
            at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:272)
            at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:161)
            at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:114)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1038)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:876)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4017)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4337)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.web.catalina50.JOnASStandardContext.start(JOnASStandardContext.java:221)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:823)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.access$000(ContainerBase.java:121)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$PrivilegedAddChild.run(ContainerBase.java:143)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:805)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.web.catalina50.CatalinaJWebContainerServiceImpl.doRegisterWar(CatalinaJWebContainerServic
    eImpl.java:567)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.web.AbsJWebContainerServiceImpl.registerWar(AbsJWebContainerServiceImpl.java:802)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.web.AbsJWebContainerServiceImpl.doStart(AbsJWebContainerServiceImpl.java:368)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.web.catalina50.CatalinaJWebContainerServiceImpl.doStart(CatalinaJWebContainerServiceImpl.
    java:303)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.service.AbsServiceImpl.start(AbsServiceImpl.java:80)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.web.wrapper.CatalinaJWebContainerServiceWrapper.invoke(CatalinaJWebContainerServiceWrappe
    r.java:156)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.web.wrapper.CatalinaJWebContainerServiceWrapper.start(CatalinaJWebContainerServiceWrapper
    .java:527)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.service.ServiceManager.startServices(ServiceManager.java:313)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.server.Server.start(Server.java:555)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.server.Server.main(Server.java:179)
            at org.objectweb.jonas.server.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:97)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid descriptor passed in parameter
            ... 60 more

What version of JMX is in your installation?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robh
      What version of JMX is in your installation?

Rob
      I believe that this version of Jonas (4.3.3) uses JMX RI 1.2

Comment

Can you post the code for the bean you are trying to expose and your configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by robh
          Can you post the code for the bean you are trying to expose and your configuration?
          Rob, I am trying to deploy the petclinic sample application included in springframework 1.2.1. So, the error occures during the initialization of bean "jmxExporter".

I have configured the sample application to use JDBC, MySql and JTA.

Comment

Sorry for the delay - I have been with a client for that few days. Have you tried deploying this into Tomcat without Jonas? When I have some time, I will download Jonas and try the Petclinic example to see if I can find the problem.

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X