Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
SOAPConnectionFactory.newInstance() throws UnsupportedOperationException Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOAPConnectionFactory.newInstance() throws UnsupportedOperationException

Hello. Hope that someone can help me solving this interesting problem. First of all I'm not sure that it is a spring related problem but it most likely is.

In a controller I try to get a soap connection through a SOAPConnectionFactory. This however throws an UnsupportedOperationException due to, if I understand correctly, a SAAJ implementation that does not support this action (?!?) I use the axis implementation (I've also tried the com.sun impl but that made not difference).
    The weird thing is that when I try to test the method outside of spring e.g. in a static main method, it works fine!

I tried finding some info on the net about this problem and found that sometimes you need to set a system property to fix this so I did:

Code:
    System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.SOAPConnectionFactory", "org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPConnectionFactoryImpl");
    This also made no difference. The reason for me putting this in this forum is the fact that it does not work when spring is involved. Anyone any idea on what to do next? I've been looking at this for quite some time now and becoming midly frustrated...
    Last edited by ronaldpieterse; Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:46 AM. Reason: Updated text
Working...
X