X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringMVC + FreeMarker - DispatcherPortlet/StackOverflow

Update: I've gotten rid of the StackOverflow (I updatd to the latest and check some configurations) but still cannot get tghe FreeMarker errors back to the browser (portlet)

-----

When I have an error free ftl tempalte all works fine. However when I have an error in the template, instead of just getting the standard FreeMarker error page. I get the following in the log, and garbage to the screen.

I've taken out all the large parts of the exceptions.

2009-02-09 07:54:56,152 ERROR [freemarker.runtime]
    Can't convert the date to string, because it is not known which parts of the date variable are in use. Use ?date, ?time or ?datetime built-in, or ?string.<format> or ?string(format) built-in with this date.
    The problematic instruction:
    ----------
    ==> ${promotion.promotionEndDate} [on line 14, column 9 in promotions-list.xhtml]
    ----------

Java backtrace for programmers:
    ----------
    freemarker.template.TemplateModelException: Can't convert the date to string, because it is not known which parts of the date variable are in use. Use ?date, ?time or ?datetime built-in, or ?string.<format> or ?string(format) built-in with this date.

[this is what I'm expecting to see as an error.. but it doesn't stop there...]

2009-02-09 07:54:56,308 ERROR [org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet] Could not complete request
    javax.portlet.PortletException: Error occured during request processing: null

Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
    at javax.servlet.ServletException.getRootCause(Servle tException.java:96)
    at org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletExceptio n.getCause(NestedServletException.java:74)
    at org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletExceptio n.getCause(NestedServletException.java:74)

[the StackOverflow keps repeating until it get tired.. and give up]

Any suggestion? I'm guessing I'm missing some configuration.
    Last edited by rabls; Feb 12th, 2009, 08:24 AM. Reason: Update Progress
Working...
X