Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem running SpringPortlet+Jetspeed2+Velocity

Please help!

I create a simple application to deploy to Jetspeed2 M3. For the Velocity view it is just:
    Code:
    #set($nodeLink = $renderResponse.createActionURL())
    $nodeLink
    If all is OK, then the portlet should be displayed with:
    Code:
    http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/_ns:YnRwLTAyfGY_/
    But about everyother refresh, there is an Exception:
    Code:
    Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException
    Message: Cannot call getRequestContext(HttpServletRequest request) before it has been created and set for this thread.

Stack Trace:
       org.apache.jetspeed.request.JetspeedRequestContextComponent.getRequestContext(JetspeedRequestContextComponent.java:111)
       org.apache.jetspeed.services.information.DynamicInformationProviderImpl.(DynamicInformationProviderImpl.java:79)
       org.apache.jetspeed.services.information.InformationProviderServiceImpl.getDynamicProvider(InformationProviderServiceImpl.java:73)
       org.apache.pluto.services.information.InformationProviderAccess.getDynamicProvider(InformationProviderAccess.java:34)
       org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletURLImpl.toString(PortletURLImpl.java:145)
    I checked and see that all the attributes from renderRequest are gone.
    I then try the same code but with JSP view then the problem goes away. I tried to compare the codes between the two classes VelocityView and JstlView but could not determine the different.
    Have anyone tried to use Velocity with the SpringPortlet and found a solution for the above problem? I reckon I could just JSP for the view but prefer to use Velocity if I have a choice.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Working...
X