Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a test database

Hi all
    I'm looking for a way to test my Spring JDBCTemplate DAOs. To be brief I'm thinking of using an in-memory Hsqldb database, and populating it using DBunit.

The trouble is creating the tables. I can't find a simple way of doing it.
    Dbunit complains if I try to insert data from a flat dataset when the table does not exist.

I wrote a simple script executer which implements the InitializingBean interface and runs my CREATE scripts once it's datasource property is set.
    I also found an example using a FactoryBean to return a datasource with the inserted tables.
    But it sounds like reinventing the wheel. I'm sure this has been done and there is a 'proper' way of doing it.

Could anybody point me the way.

thanks
    w.

PS In other words, I'm looking for a way to emulate the autocreate property of hibernate.

Dude, you may try this one for some little references for Setting up a test database... this may help you a little dude...http://www.ogsadai.org.uk/documentat...dbs/index.html

Comment

bengomez:
      You seam to have misunderstood my problem. It is not "how do I create a test database?", it's more to do with "how do I run my SQL CREATE TABLE scripts when running a unit test on a in-memory Hsqldb database"

Comment

Setting up a test database

I want the answer to this, too. I want to enter commands like this and it's not working:

protected void onSetUpInTransaction()
        {
        String[] dataSql = getDataSql();
        for (String sql : dataSql)
        {
        jdbcTemplate.execute(sql);
        }
        }
        private String[] getDataSql()
        {
        "Delete from TABLE",
        "Insert into TABLE (ID,NAME) values (1,'name1')"