X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exception not being processed by DispatcherServlet

I have followed all the examples and have a SimpleMappingExceptionResolver defined. Thru some debugging, I determined that it is being picked up at startup and is in the list of handlers in the dispatcherServlet. The problem is that it is never invoked. I have a onSubmit method that does a select from a non-existent table to get an exception thrown and all I get is the stack trace. I have done this before in a different application and it works fine. I suspect that something is interferring with the exception processing, but I don't know enough about it to try and debug it. I can't include any code,sorry, but if you have suggestions I'd really appreciate it. I've searched thru the forum several times and there are a few posts that sound like my problem, but usually there is no solution or suggestions. I'm still using Spring 1.28, but will upgrade if someone knows for sure the problem is fixed in the latest. The web app is deployed on a weblogic 10.1 server. Thanks

problem solved

funny how you post a problem and then the solution pops up.....i did some more investigation and it turned out that higher up the food chain, the exception was being caught and a stack trace dumped......so there was something interferring with the normal processing.

Comment

Working...
    X