Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Session Bean initialization question. (From a Struts user!) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Session Bean initialization question. (From a Struts user!)

We've been a Struts shop for a while but are commiting to using Spring and our next major app will be using these technologies (Actually a combination of Spring, Hibernate, and JSF/RichFaces)

Currently, our Struts based web apps flows like this:
    1) j_security_check for container managed authentication
    2) Init.do Struts action specified in the welcome list in web.xml
    3) Init.do action (ActionClass) is "called" after tje j_security_check proces is finished, which takes the userid and password obtained via the j_security_check process, puts it in a UserManager class along with other information like preferences, and stick it in the Session. This all happens even before the very first page, home.jsp is called up.
    3)After all initialization has been done, including setting up currencies and securities, Home.jsp is finally opened.
    4)Rest of the web app is all struts based.

What I would like to find out is how to "emulate" step #2 with Spring managed session scoped beans. Is it even possible? Is there an alternate way to do this?

I noticed that when a Spring bean is session scoped, it doesn't get instantiated initially. It does so only when required...so On Demand. So obviously this doesn't quite work for me.

I'd like to know any way to do this.

Thank you for your help!!!
    Nick
Working...
X