X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which AJAX Framework?

I'm quite new to Spring and have gotten to grips with controllers, tiles integration etc. but I'm not sure what the best approach for using AJAX is.

The book I bought (Spring in Action 2nd Edition) uses DWR but I'm not sure if that's the best framework to use. Are there better or newer frameworks that I should invest my time in instead?

Thanks!

I am using DWR for months now and I am still not regretting it It is very easy to combine it with the Spring framework. You should give it a try.

Comment

Hi russell42,

Personally I use jQuery with JSON in Spring Framework. It works very fine for me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. zuquirio, do you have any links to examples of using jQuery and JSON with spring?

Comment

Hi russell42,

Sorry for the delay, I don't have any link but I have some source code that I can share with you. Just let me know if you already need it. Ciao

Comment

Hi Zuquirio,

That would be fantastic, thank you very much!

Comment

Hi russell42,

I will post the source codes in a few hours because I'm a little busy right now. Thanks.

Comment

A link for jquery and spring mvc

http://www.infoq.com/articles/First-...0-Joel-Confino

This is an example using json and jquery with spring mvc. I highly recommend jquery and the book jquery in action. Given jquery is going to be added to visual studio for the .net people and it's easier to use with rails 3 given the merb/rails merger jquery will be even more popular in the next year.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Comment

Working...
                  X