X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThreadPoolTaskExecutor and clustering with tomcat

Hey all - pulling my hair out a bit here. I am running Spring atop tomcat 6 and am using ThreadPoolTaskExecutors in some places.

As soon as I enabled clustering on tomcat, I quickly saw a lot of exceptions in the logs such that ThreadPoolTaskExecutor is not serializable... NotSerializableException.

My question is, why is tomcat trying to serialize this object? Does the ThreadPoolTaskExecutor use something in the session such that tomcat would need to, or think it needs to? If so, are there any implementations of TaskExecutor that wouldn't throw this exception?

Thanks all. This is the last thing preventing us from setting up a working cluster. Thanks again ..

Is it using the session?

Can someone reply and at least let me know if this class uses the http session? (or point me to the SVN source for this class..?)

Comment

Can you post some code?

If your executor is not attached to the session, it would not be serialized. So somehow there most be a referfence from some object that is serialized to your executor.

Comment

Ok.. It's not all my code, so this helps... so somewhere in my code I am storing the task executor itself into the session..??

Comment

Working...
        X