Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Authz tags require a JSP 2.0 Container?

I used Acegi 0.6.0 Authz tags successfully in Tomcat 5.0 and now I'm trying to use 0.8.1 in Websphere Application Server 5.0 but am getting the following error:

Code:
    [5/18/05 12:34:49:085 EDT] 41604160 ExpressionEva I org.springframework.web.util.ExpressionEvaluationUtils  Using Jakarta JSTL ExpressionEvaluatorManager

[5/18/05 12:34:49:586 EDT] 41604160 WebGroup      E SRVE0026E: [Servlet Error]-[java/lang/String.replaceAll(Ljava/lang/String&#59;Ljava/lang/String&#59;)Ljava/lang/String&#59;]: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/lang/String.replaceAll(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
    	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>&#40;Throwable.java&#41;
    	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>&#40;Throwable.java&#41;
    	at java.lang.NoSuchMethodError.<init>&#40;NoSuchMethodError.java&#58;56&#41;
    	at net.sf.acegisecurity.taglibs.authz.AuthorizeTag.parseAuthoritiesString&#40;AuthorizeTag.java&#58;163&#41;
    	at net.sf.acegisecurity.taglibs.authz.AuthorizeTag.doStartTag&#40;AuthorizeTag.java&#58;109&#41;
    	at org.apache.jsp._mainMenu._jspService&#40;mainMenu.jsp  &#58;38&#41;
    When I check the Javadoc for org.springframework.web.util.ExpressionEvaluationU tils
    (http://www.springframework.org/docs/...tionUtils.html) it says that Jakarta's JSTL implementation is used if JSP 2.0 support is not found. However, I wonder if it's trying to fall back to Jakarta's JSTL 1.1 instead of 1.0. I believe only 1.0.x will run within Websphere's older JDK 1.3 environment. Switching to a JSP 2.0 container isn't an option for this project.

Your thoughts on how I could use the Authz tags or another workaround?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

Because we're delegating to org.springframework.util.StringUtils, I'll move this thread across to the web forum where it'll get more focused exposure.

Comment

Thanks Ben.

Anyone?

TIA, Scott

Comment

Well, the problem is a method that doesn't exist. String.replaceAll() is available on J2SE 1.4 or better, I believe.

What is the compatibility policy of Acegi Security System ?

If you can, simply submit a patch which does not use String.replaceAll(), but does the same thing iteratively.

Hope that helps,
        François

Comment

Opened SEC-11 http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj.../browse/SEC-11.

Thanks,
          Scott

Comment

SEC-11 is now resolved and will be released in 0.9.0 so that Authz tags can be used with J2SE 1.3 (like Websphere 5.0).

Comment

Can I use ACEGI with JRE 1.3.1 and JSP 1.1 like WAS 4.0.6?

I understand I cannot use the javax.servlet.Filter class, but can I use the authentification taglib?

Thanks

Etienne.

Comment

I haven't tried it, but yes, the authz taglib should work within WAS 4.

Comment

Working...
                X