Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• access to value of radio button in jsp page

hi!

I have a tree. each node is a directory. (like the windows explorer tree)
    and in front of each node I have a radio button - so that the user can select one node in my addnewDirectoryForm.jsp page.

the code for the radio buttons looks like:
    Code:
    <input name="parentView" type="radio" value="<tree&#58;nodeId node="tree.node"/>">
    in this form the user can add new directories to the tree by setting a new directory-name and choosing a directory by checking a radio button - which should be the parent directory of the new directory. when the user just sets a directory name without choosing a parent directory by checking a radio button - the addnewDirectoryForm will be displayed again - and the user gets informed to set a name of the new directory. then the radio button - checked from the user before - should be still be checked.

my question: how can I access the value attribute of the radio button to compare that value with the ${status.value} object from the spring bind tag?

example:
    Code:
    <input name="parentView" type="radio" value="<tree&#58;nodeId node="tree.node"/>" <c&#58;if test="$&#123;status.value eq ????&#125;">checked</c&#58;if>>
    ???? = parentView.value - but how can I address this value?
    any ideas?

tia. lana

how can I access the value attribute of the radio button to compare that value with the ${status.value} object from the spring bind tag?
    AFAICS this is not a Spring issue.

If parentView is exposed as a bean and then it will be available for comparison.

Comment

Working...
    X