Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirection with Spring Portlet MVC

Hi,

I want to be able to redirect from one controller to another in my portlet, and was wondering how I can mimic the redirection URL behaviour of Spring MVC in my portlet environment. I was thinking along the lines of setting the action parameter of the renderURL to another value that maps to the appropriate controller in my configuration. Is this the best way to do it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

anicad

Yes, that is the best way to "redirect" between controllers. You can also set the action render parameter in the ActionRequest phase of one controller to another value to make a different controller handle the render phase.

Comment

There is a thread that may be helpful http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=58357. This topic has been discussed several times so if you do a search you are bound to find more.

Comment

Thank you for responses, cmelgar.

Another question - how do I forward/redirect from one portlet to another page on another portlet?

I appreciate your help.

Janice

Comment

Originally posted by anicad View Post
          Another question - how do I forward/redirect from one portlet to another page on another portlet?
          Conceptually that is probably not possible... Consider having multiple portlets on one page. How could one portlet send a redirect when others want to be rendered normally?

Besides, usually the portal engine will probably already have produced some output so the headers can not be modified anymore.

And if you have only one portlet on each page you should probably wonder why you're using portlets at atll

Comment

Working...
          X