Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring portlet mvc and redirection

I have a requirement as explained below:

I have a jsp page which has header, content area and footer. All my pages confirms to that page layout except the index page which has in the header section, along with company logo, two text fields to enter user id and password and a button to login.

Since this page design doesn't allow me to show error messages upon unsuccessful login attempts, i would like to redirect to another page only when login is unsuccessful. In the next redirected page, i would like to display the error message for login failure and also the fields for entering user id and password , in case if the user wish to try login again.

Is it something doable in spring portlet MVC? Am i violating the portlet spec?

If it's doable, please send in your inputs as how it can be achieved. It will be a GREAT help to us.

Thanks in advance.

Are the login fields in the header within a portlet or part of some portal specific page code?

Comment

The login fields are part of some portal specific page code.

Hope what i mean is correct.

I've attached the page for reference. That entire page is one portlet which includes login, registration etc. I know it's a bad design to dump everything into one portlet. I will change that to different portlet's at a later point of time.

Please help me in resolving the problem.

Thank you.

Comment

I don't think anything you are trying to do will violate the portlet spec, but it does seem a bit strange.

Is there a specific problem you are having in making this work? It sounds doable to me, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Comment

Thanks Johmn for the reply. I solved this by changing the page layout. Now it's no more a issue.

Thanks again.

Comment

I am new to spring portlet , laxmi could you please post, redirection code over here.

It will be greate help because i am stucked in redirection

Comment

Working...
            X