X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with the servlet output stream directly

I have created a number of Views that manage the response stream themselves. The data i have is not html and is constructed dynamically so i don't need any templates, jsps, etc. Can someone comment on the best practice for doing this.

I am extending AbstractView and overriding renderMergedOutputModel. I set the content type and character encoding and write the data out. Should i now flush and close the output stream? Is this something that the spring framework and/or application server takes care off?

cheers

The application server takes care of flush and close. You can work with the stream using more specialized spring view classes as well, i.e if a view and a model is expected as a return you simply return null.

Cheers

G

Comment

Which view classes would be best? To give you an idea of what i am doing, I need to output X<L generated by JAXB, and text/plain messages. Is there and spring support for any of these?

cheers

Comment

I think that u dont need any more layers of abstraction. You can use direct OOP in conjunction with the controller, in the case of JAXB.

Comment

Working...
        X