Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Failed to convert property value of type [java.util.ArrayList] to required type [java Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to convert property value of type [java.util.ArrayList] to required type [java

Hi All,
    I am trying to develop the Spring MVC - application provided Spring - i.e. /Spring\spring-framework-2.5.5\docs\MVC-step-by-step\pdf

while trying to the run application its throwing below expcetion - org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'productManager' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/SpringWebTest-servlet.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.util.ArrayList] to required type [java.util.List] for property 'products'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Original must not be null

Enclosed is the code for reference.

It will be great if you would help me in figuring out the reason for error, please let me know whether I m missing any .jar file or missing some declaration.Your comments are most appreciated.

Conversion failure

Hello Shitalus, I don't know if you ever resolved you issue. I see that the post was quite some time ago and I am just now working through the tutorial. Your Spring-Servlet.xml file needs to be updated. Check the version in part 6 of the tutorial. The ProductManager and products have been removed from the final version of this file. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X