Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Start my application in Tomcat

Hi,

I receive org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name error from Tomcat. I don't konw how to solve this because I'm a newbie to this world!

I hope someone can help me with this. I suppose something is wrong in my XML files or inte Controlller object?!

Tomcat can't find HttpServletRequest/Response classes which usually means Tomcat can't find Servlet-APIx.xjar (exact name depends on your versions and Tomcat). You need to resolve that issue, but do some research as there are different versions and you need to put that jar in the right folder - don't complicate the issue by having multiple versions of the jar in multiple places.

IIRC, at least with Tomcat 6, a version of Servlet-API.jar is in the Tomcat lib folder

Comment

Next error occurs

Seems that it was one of my errors missing the servlet-api.jar. I have changed that but here comes the next error generated by tomcat in the localhost.<date> logfile.

2008-nov-08 22:10:43 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
      SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner
      at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadC lass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
      at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadC lass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerS tart(StandardContext.java:3786)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Sta ndardContext.java:4342)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInt ernal(ContainerBase.java:791)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Co ntainerBase.java:771)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Sta ndardHost.java:525)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescr iptor(HostConfig.java:627)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescr iptors(HostConfig.java:553)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps( HostConfig.java:488)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostC onfig.java:1149)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEv ent(HostConfig.java:311)
      at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLife cycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1053)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(Standa rdHost.java:719)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1045)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(Stan dardEngine.java:443)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Sta ndardService.java:516)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Stan dardServer.java:710)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalin a.java:578)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootst rap.java:288)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstr ap.java:413)
      2008-nov-08 22:10:43 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
      SEVERE: Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)

Hope someone can help me!

Comment

error from the Tomcat manager!

If I try to start the application from the Tomcat manager it will display following error --> FAIL - Application at context path /planering could not be started

Comment

Just read the error stack trace.

Code:
          java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner
          You're missing a class that your application is requiring. This time it is the spring.jar.

Comment

cannot start application

I use Eclipse and when i look at my projects properties (Java Build Path) I see that the spring.jar library already is added to the this project so I don't think that missing spring.jar is my problem.

Comment

That is for Eclipse's classpath. Tomcat's classpath is totally differend story.

How do you deploy the application to Tomcat? Personally I'm using Maven and for deploy I use Tomcat Sysdeon plugin's "devLoader" settings.

Comment

Deployment

Well, this is how I do when I "deploy" my application to tomcat. In the conf directory in the Tomcat 6.0 directory I have created a directory called Catalina and under that directory I have createad a directory called localhost.

In the localhost directory I created a file called planering.xml;

<Context docBase="l:\JavaSource\Agioplanering\website" reloadable="true">
                </Context>

This is the only thing I have done!

Comment

studying.

Originally posted by hakaxh View Post
                  Well, this is how I do when I "deploy" my application to tomcat. In the conf directory in the Tomcat 6.0 directory I have created a directory called Catalina and under that directory I have createad a directory called localhost.

In the localhost directory I created a file called planering.xml;

<Context docBase="l:\JavaSource\Agioplanering\website" reloadable="true">
                  </Context>

This is the only thing I have done!
                  studying........... i am a beginner

Comment

Working...
                  X