Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error registering bean

Hello,
    I get the following error in my web browser:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Error registering bean with name 'springappController' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/FinalSpring-servlet.xml]: Bean class [SpringappController] not found; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SpringappController

I've got the following code in my FinalSpring-servlet.xml :

Code:
     <beans>
        <bean id="springappController" class="SpringappController"/>

<bean id="urlMapping" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">
            <property name="mappings">
                <props>
                    <prop key="/hello.htm">springappController</prop>
                </props>
            </property>
        </bean>
    </beans>
    And I've got a class named SpringappController.java containing folowing code:

Code:
    public class SpringappController implements Controller &#123;

public ModelAndView handleRequest&#40;HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response&#41;
                throws ServletException, IOException &#123;
            return new ModelAndView&#40;""&#41;;
        &#125;
    &#125;
    Is there anyone familiar with this error-code?[/code]

Is it really in the default package? It's possible (although unlikely) that's the problem...

It's bad practice to use the default package, so this might be a good place to start looking.

You could also try to load the context outside the webapp, with ClassPathXmlApplicationContext or the like to test loading the class.

Comment

The springappController.java class is not in the default package, it stands in the package finalspring.

Comment

Working...
      X