Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource - odd behaviour - not releasing .properties? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource - odd behaviour - not releasing .properties?

Hi,

I've been playing around with both ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource and ResourceBundleMessageSource.

I am aware of the differing classpath requirements.

I have code that allows me to edit the value of an individual message in a properties file. Basically it is a custom parser of the properties file and as it writes back out it just replaces the specified message value.

This works fine with ResourceBundleMessageSource and the properties file is updated, the issue here being that the properties file won't be reloaded.

So I moved to a ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource and moved my files as required. I can write out to a temp properties file fine, however when I try writing back to the actual properties file I want to edit I end up with a blank file....

All my permissions are set correctly, testing with the temp file and the non-reloadable setup suggests all my code is right... I'm guessing it's just something to do with the nature of the ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource.

Any thoughts / suggestions as to how I might get around this?

Appreciate any feedback.
Working...
X