X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing bind tag

I am very new to Spring and am trying to bind list values in a jsp to a command object.

The taglib I am using is springframework.org/tags/form with prefix="form".

I am able to use the form:input and form:checkbox tags, but I get an error "unknown tag" when using form:bind.

We are using Spring2.0.

I have seen many examples of using the bind tag posted here, what am I doing incorrectly.

Thanks

There ain't no such animal as form:bind. You mean spring:bind

Comment

When you say spring:bind, isn't this just the prefix you specified for your taglib, which in my case I had specified as prefix="form", hence form:bind.

If I am misunderstanding this, then which taglib needs to be present to use the spring tags?

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, in theory you can use whatever prefix you want, but convention is to use form for the spring-form tags (such as form:form, form:textbox, etc.) and spring for the plain spring tags.

The form tags are in spring-form.tld, while the spring tags are in spring.tld. Here are the declarations from one of my JSPs:

Code:
        <%@ taglib prefix="form" uri="/WEB-INF/spring-form.tld" %>
        <%@ taglib prefix="spring" uri="/WEB-INF/spring.tld" %>

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. The taglib I had specified was springframework.org/tags/form, which gave me access to the "form" tag.

When I changed the taglib to springframework.org/tags, I now had access to both "form" tags and "spring" tags.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X