Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Spring on WebSphere Portal

Hello -

Does the Spring Community have any samples on how to wire Spring on to WebSphere portal? Our plan is to pretty much use Spring MVC Portlets and kind of wire that into WebSphere Portal Server. Since you have MVC on the portlet end we are thinking that is going to be a bit redundant since MVC is already at the WS Portal end as well. I'm wondering if anyone in the community was able to implement something like this.

Thanks

Dennis

Does the Spring Community have any samples on how to wire Spring on to WebSphere portal? Our plan is to pretty much use Spring MVC Portlets and kind of wire that into WebSphere Portal Server.
    The Spring distribution ships with petportal in the examples directory. Since Spring Portlet MVC is JSR168 compliant the portlets should be deployable to any JSR168 portal including WebSphere. I have deployed a number of Spring Portlets on WebSphere with no issues. You may find the following series of articles hepful too: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...patil-pt1.html

Since you have MVC on the portlet end we are thinking that is going to be a bit redundant since MVC is already at the WS Portal end as well. I'm wondering if anyone in the community was able to implement something like this.
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you are getting at here? Can you explain further?

Comment

Working...
    X