X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• array binding

Does anyone know of an array (of objects) binding example preferably using a MultiActionController. I cannot see any examples in the sample web jpetstore and petclinic applications.

I can see how the jsp binding works path="object[x}.element" but have found that on form submission the array objects are not being created when new array items have been created by javascript in the browser.

Do I have to write a custom editor to handle this?

James

this might help

James,

Take a peek at my thread that I just updated :

forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=60039

Basically, I had to write my own onBind to bind the form elements to the array.

Hope this helps,
    Larry

PS I tried to make that reference a real link but the forum software gives some yucky error message that I don't have enough posts to be allowed the privilege of putting url's in my post. Funny, I jump through hoops to use their software and to use their forums. Makes me wonder why i bother to use either one ...

Comment

Hi Larry

this is exactly what I have done by parsing the request parameters looking for object[x] names and then creating an array with the required number of objects. It then binds the objects correctly. I would have preferred to use a custom editor to do this but I could not get it to work.

One thing that I noticed is that if a column in the table is invalid it posts an error like error.object[x]. This assumes that you have fixed length array. I wish it would leave the array index off when reporting the error.

I like lot of aspects of spring mvc but array binding and validation seems rather limited.

James

Originally posted by SlowOldFatRunner View Post
      James,

Take a peek at my thread that I just updated :

forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=60039

Basically, I had to write my own onBind to bind the form elements to the array.

Hope this helps,
      Larry

PS I tried to make that reference a real link but the forum software gives some yucky error message that I don't have enough posts to be allowed the privilege of putting url's in my post. Funny, I jump through hoops to use their software and to use their forums. Makes me wonder why i bother to use either one ...

Comment

Working...
      X