X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring web and Spring Web MVC

What are the difference between spring web and Spring Web MVC?

You mean differences between Spring WEB Flow and Spring WEB MVC? If yes they are different things, the first takes care of user conversation (more than one request) while the second one is just about mapping single requests to the proper controller and view.

Comment

user conversation
      Can you explain "user conversation" in details or just refer any artice in internet

Comment

I cannot post URLs in this forum still but "User Conversation" is about keeping track of a specific Use Case. For example a "User Subscription Use Case":

1. User comes and logs in.
        2. She picks a magazine subscription.
        3. She is prompted to agree with "Terms and Conditions"
        4. Once agreed she can subscribe.

If step three is not imposed as part of the above "User Conversation" user should get a different screen asking still for the agreement on "Terms and Conditions" hence two different Views will result depending on "preconditions".

If you take a look at the DSL (Domain Specific Language) that Spring Web Flow uses you will realize it is just modeling a classical Final State Machine (FSM).

In the past I have used SCXML for example to accomplish the same (User Conversations) and if you look at Jakarta Commons SCXML project you will see my posts there and on WIKI you will get the idea of my implementation.

It is interesting how Spring team opted for their own DSL having SCXML already as a specification and the Commons SCXML project alive. But that is subject of perhaps a different discussion.

Comment

Working...
        X