Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which controller to use for a search flow?

As a newbie, I would like to implement the scenario below(a quite frequent one) but I don't know which kind(s) of controller(s) is(are) the most suited for this:

- a search form is displayed
    - when it is successfully submitted, a list of items is displayed as a result
    - if the user clicks on one item in the list, the detail for this item is displayed
    - if the user clicks on 'back' in the detail page, he goes back to the search result list
    - if the user clicks on 'New search' in either the detail or the result list, he goes back to the search form.
    - additionnally, the user should be able to change the language in which the result is displayed(different from the language in the locale, it is just a criterion like others for the search process) in either the form or the result list(in this latest case, the search would be submitted again without going back to the form).

Which controller or combination of controllers would you use for this ?
    Thx in advance.

Check Spring Web Flow (SWF):

http://opensource.atlassian.com/conf...y/WEBFLOW/Home

Erwin

Comment

We use AbstractWizardFormController for searching, the front tab(s) for search criteria and the last tab for the results.

Makes it easy to retain search criteria values while the user is looking at the results, i.e. in case they want to change the criteria to perform another search.

Creating new records or opening search results records would then open other controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by gmatthews
        We use AbstractWizardFormController for searching, the front tab(s) for search criteria and the last tab for the results.

Makes it easy to retain search criteria values while the user is looking at the results, i.e. in case they want to change the criteria to perform another search.

Creating new records or opening search results records would then open other controllers.
        seems to be very nice, is there some example on the web (forum) of smth like that? thks!

Comment

Working...
        X