X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction to Spring MVC version 2.5

I am working through the step by step development of a Spring 2.5 app according to the document spring-mvc-step-by-step.pdf

In chapter I, I have completed through step 1.12, including successful JUnit tests.

Now I try to verify by running the app. I get an exception, apparently declaring that it can't find the bean. It says that the springapp-servlet.xml file line 6 is invalid. It matches the one in the pdf. See below:

Apparently the submission software says these are other url's :-) So, please see attachment. It is really an xml file, but I renamed it to txt to be able to upload it.

Here is the full error:

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet springapp threw exception
    org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:102)
    org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:844)
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11Conn ectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run( JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

root cause

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionStoreException: Line 6 in XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/springapp-servlet.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans'.

Any suggestions? Any way to contact the authors? Check errata? Download the current version of springapp?

Well, it may be as simple as this: you have "xsi:schemalocation" in your beans element, rather than "xsi:schemaLocation" (i.e. the L in Location should be uppercase).

Comment

Not sure of your specific problem, but whenever I see XML issues that fail on the first line, it usually can't find the file.

Comment

Working...
      X