X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample HelloWorls portlet using spring

Can somebody give me source code for sample hello world portlet example using spring framework? IT will be a GREAT help to me.

Thanks very much.

There is a sample in the 'examples' directory of the Spring distribution (petportal). There is also some sample code on the Spring Portlet MVC wiki site.

Comment

Thanks John.

I downloaded the spring-portlet-sample.war and deployed on to jetspeed successfully.

One thing i noticed is: whenever we mention DispatcherPortlet instead of any customer portlet, it doesn't show it's name. What i mean by this is: when i try to add a portlet after logging in as admin, it doesn't show portlet with names like 'Books', 'Upload' , instead it shows them as icons (penguin and some other image icons ) for those portlets.

It's bit difficult to identify which image refers to which portlet etc.

Is there a way i can display portlet name in the portlet explorer? Is, pls suggest how to achive that.

Thank you very much.

Comment

That's really a Jetspeed question, not a Spring MVC questions. I'm not familiar with the area you are asking about, so I suggest you ask that question on the Jetspeed mailing list.

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

We need to use <display-name> tag within portlet tag with whatever name we want to display.

So, when the portlet deployed onto jetspeed, it will displayed with that name along with icon.

Comment

Working...
          X