Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JasperReports+Excel+Margins in Excel

Good night everyone

I came here to ask a question about JasperReports support for Excel.
    Maybe is not the right place but I hope someone has had this problem.

So here is the matter.
    I am using JasperReports V3.0.1 and POI 3.0.2.
    I am also using iReport to graphically edit the report design.
    Version for iReport is V3.0
    I am also using Spring Framework+Spring MVC to generate EXCEL on the fly.

My problem is the following.
    I design the report in iReport and set page orientation to lanscape and margins to a certain numbers.
    Then I let Spring Framework to compile the report on the fly and load a page using a Controller (as stated in the Spring MVC documenation).
    I click a button to generate the report and it gets render to XLS as expected as I instructed the report to be EXCEL.

Then I open the report and to my surprise the Orientation settings appears but the margins for it does not appear.

Does anyone know how to tell JasperReport when exporting to EXCEL to respect these margins?

Thanks and hope a help is in progress.

Hi,
    I think the JasperReports article on
    aspalliance.com/1140_Creating_Report_Using_JasperReports.all
    may be helpful in this discussion.

This popular white paper is written by a software engineer from our organization Mindfire Solutions (mindfiresolutions.com).

I hope you find it useful!

Cheers,
    Byapti

Comment

JasperReports+Excel+Margins in Excel

Thanks Byapti. I have reviewed the article you have pointed me to by,but unfortunately it does not answer my question.

I am using Spring Framework integration for using JasperReports which is just fine, indeed, this integration uses the Spring MVC machinery.

My question is: When I generate a JasperReport it does not respect the margins I told the report to use.
      BTW, I use iReport from JasperForge to generate the design, there I tell the margins, but when exporting to Excel the margins for printed page those settings are not present. But if I export to PDF those settings are there. Any clues?

Comment

JasperReports+Excel+Margins in Excel Again

Hi you all

I am guessing if someone has come across the problem I posted at the beginning of this thread. I need the margin stuff for the excel problem.

Can anybody help me?

Comment

Working...
        X